Tuesday, October 15, 2013

You are awesome my dear friend!

I made this layout as a tribute to my dear friend that I met after many many years in April. It was so much fun catching up and spending time with her and a few other friends. I had kept in touch with her on and off but never really caught up with all her stories till then. It was very interesting to hear all her ups and downs that she has gone through all these years. I have always admired her for her boldness but recently I have started admiring her for so much more.

For Hello Story week 6 class.... the topic was - Six Word Story..... 'you are awesome my dear friend' is my six word story. On a funny note, another friend of mine recently posted on facebook that said... ' home is where my pillow is' after a week's vacation .... that is so true. Check this website out for more six word stories.

The challenge for this week's cutting edge class was to use at least two of the materials that were provided in the class kit.... we were given some double sided adhesive paper, different colored vellum paper and gold foil. I combined three of those materials on this layout. It was fun using all these new materials with the Silhouette. This class has proved worth more than what I paid for already. We were given a $10 coupon for the digital cut files in the Studio Calico shop and I also won $5 for the challenge last week :). Of course all the materials in the class kit and videos and handouts are very good too.

I used the double sided adhesive paper and covered it with glitter, I cut out the speech bubbles with the gold foil and I cut the hexagon frames with the teal vellum and covered it with gold paint so that it fits better in the layout.

Here is my layout:




Here are some close ups of my journaling:



Here is a close up of the foil:



For the materials, I used Bazzill orange peel white cardstock as my base, I used some papers from Dear Lizzy Lucky Charm and Crate Paper by Maggie Holmes ,I also used the black cameras paper from the Studio Calico Antiquary kit, Wintermint glitter by Martha Stewart, gold acrylic paint by Martha Stewart the gold and teal sequins from Michaels. I misted the background with Studio calico teal and Heidi Swapp Gold Lamay to tie in with the colors of the photo and the embellishments. I also edged the top and the bottom of the layout with some the gold acrylic paint.

Hope you enjoyed looking at it, because I totally enjoyed making this and getting messy with the glitter and the gold paint. Have a great day!
~Neela

No comments :